Wednesday, September 11, 2013

14 Great Places to be From

I love where I live now. It's quiet, safe-ish, relatively clean, and I always have a spot to park my car. When I lived in Hoquiam, WA, I wasn't so happy. My friends there are fabulous, but the town itself screams blah. The weather is usually gray, a lot of the neighborhoods are falling apart, and Wal-Mart is the social hub. Yes, Hoquiam is a great place to be from. 

Image via Flickr by davsutmul

Here are some other great places to be from, but for different reasons. I just find the names amusing.

  • Boring, Oregon
  • Fart, Virginia
  • Poopoo, Hawaii
  • Hello, Michigan
  • Embarrass, Minnesota
  • Normal, Illinois
  • No Name, Colorado
  • Hot Coffee, Mississippi
  • Accident, Maryland
  • Truth or Consequences,  New Mexico
  • Looneyville, Texas
  • Why, Arizona
  • Dismal, Tennessee
  • Boogertown, North Carolina.  
Admit it. You'd love to meet new people and tell them you're from Boogertown or No Name. There are plenty of other strange town names out there. A few of them make me blush to even think about. 

What are some other great places to be from? 

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment