Monday, February 3, 2014

Dear Friends

Dear Friends,

Thanks so much for the helping hand.
Our time goes so fast, like an hour glass of sand.
Sometimes I don't say a word. Don't get me wrong.
I want to burst out in song.
I'd sing about how you make me laugh and how you make me glow,
About how you make me happy and how you help me grow.

The world's a jumbled, sick mess, plumb full of distress.
Sometimes it beats me up and I get down, I confess.
But it's the same for you,
And shoulder to shoulder we'll make it through.
So build me up, shove me forward,
And I'll do the same for you.

Thanks for listening when I've got nothing or something to say.
Willing ears and caring hearts keep the worst loneliness at bay.

Thanks for goofing off and being ridiculous
Without humor, something is definitely amiss.

Thanks for the loads of smiles and hugs;
They're better than my favorite drug--
That is, caffeine.
Which, by the way, if you ever want to meet for a cup of coffee, call me. I'm free.

Thanks for being there, wherever there may be.
It's a nice place. I hope you never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment